[mythtv-users] UK Freeview trouble with channel lock

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 15:19:01 UTC 2008

> Actually, I'm having the reverse problem lately although not quite as
> severely
> as yourself. If I record from BBC 1/2/3 (Mux 1) I get much higher error
> rates,
> artifacts, noise and audio problems than if I record from one of the
> other
> muxes, BBC 4 being on MUX B. I assumed that something had been
> temporarily
> adjusted on my local transmitter, but it's still a pain. I have had to
> scrub
> some recordings because they are too poor to watch. My local
> transmitter is
> Hannington, just south of Kingsclere, north Hants.
>
> If you can't tune at all it may be worth rescanning just that
> multiplex,
> although I know the process can cause a lot of extra work setting the
> channels/xmltvids up again.

Thanks Mike, I think I may try a rescan to see what happens. I have noticed
that the analogue tv signal seems to be looking worse (could just be me
imagining it) so I'm now wondering if there is something wrong with our
aerial outside. I'll try the rescan first. If I backup the DB, it can't
hurt.

Thanks,
Andrew