[mythtv-users] Intel Mac Mini Display Issues

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 18 06:25:00 UTC 2008

2008/10/18 Robert Gutendorf <robert.gutendorf at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Another Sillyname
> <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/10/17 Robert Gutendorf <robert.gutendorf at gmail.com>:
>>> Well, I've held off emailing the list as long as possible...I've

trimmed for brevity

> Sorry for the delay.
> Xrandr Output:
>
> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 720 x 480, maximum 1920 x 1920
> VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> TMDS-1 connected 720x480+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
> axis) 708mm x 398mm
>   720x480        59.9*+
>   1920x540       60.1 +
>   800x600        60.3
>   640x480        59.9
> TV disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>
> Thanks.
> Bob

try this (it may make sense to put it in a script so you can get back
to a working resolution) and let me know what happens.

xrandr --output TMDS-1 --mode 1920x540 --preferred

xrandr --output TMDS-1 --auto

you only need the following two lines if in a script....it brings the
resolution back to where you were

sleep 5

xrandr --output TMDS-1 --mode 720x480 --preferred

If it doesn't work quite as expected reverse the --auto and
--preferred lines (I know....but in the past I've found it can make a
difference for reasons I never worked out!).

If you have a remote machine available connecting via x11vnc and then
issuing the commands can allow you to see what's going on even if it
won't physically display (that's how I worked this stuff out in the
past!!).

Let me know if it helps!