[mythtv-users] AppleTV users

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 02:15:57 UTC 2008

> Than the stuff, where I did search and probably missed it: Does remote
> works, is the wifi fast enough (currently for my mythtv i use 100mb
> wired), and do you need a special mouse or keyboard to set it up?

You have 2 choices on the remote.

1.  Either plugin in your own USB receiver and use it like any other Myth box.

2.  Use a learning remote (like a Harmony) and record enough key
presses (around 60 probably) and map them to your remote and a
.lircrc.

I used approach 2, since I wanted to be able to use my Harmony 670 AND
my AppleTV remote.

The wifi is definitely fast enough for SD.  That is all I use here and
I use it with 802.11g.

You just need a USB based:
1.  Mouse
2.  Keyboard
3.  USB hub (powered)

Though, I am not certain you might be able to do it all just via the
telnet interface.  I can't remember if I actually needed the usb
keyboard at all.

I think you do need the mouse to run an install and choose all the
options though.  Certainly easier with it.

HTH,
Dave