[mythtv-users] Full screen corruption with fglrx

Hans Houwaard hans at ginder.xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 17 09:08:57 UTC 2008

"Ian Clark" <mrrooster at gmail.com> schreef:

>You can also fix it by going into the EPG and back out a few times (the
>embedded video EPG), but this is the single most annoying issue with the
>ATI drivers, and is still not fixed I'm afraid.
>
>Do you get bad tearing too? I ended up ditching my ATI card for an nVidia
>card because of these two issues, however the ATI part is silent so I'd
>like to go back to it once these are resolved.
>
>Never had the full screen issue though. (Mind you, I do run mythwelcome
>directly from .xinit which bypasses a lot of the window manager stuff, I
>wonder if that helps at all.)

I'm fine with the workarounds for the full screen as it is. I have an
option of testing the 8.5 version of fglrx, which are reported to be the
best for running the HD 3200 rv780 based cards. However, buying a 35€
Nvidia card which will run out of the box with all options you could
possibly want is more and more appealing. A 7200 chipset card with 256 MB
memory would do everything I ever want with Mythtv. I only have to change
the DVI to HDMI or buy an extra cable.

This AMD/ATI situation is horrible. The RadeonHD driver builders just
aren't there yet for XV support and the fglrx drivers are terribly broken
and seem to be beyond repair.

Hans