[mythtv-users] Quiet fans

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Oct 16 00:04:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, October 15, 2008 4:52 pm, Darrin wrote:

> Nice.  If it were me, I'd complicate it a bit more and use an atmel avr
> tiny
> to do the same thing.  Then, you have the ability to reprogram it to your
> whims and no potentiometers are needed.  You could even change the ramp
> rate
> on the pwm to be completely non-linear for your specific needs. The
> ATtiny24
> could do the job, has an onboard temp sensor, built in PWM, and only costs
> $1.91 from digi-key.

Any chance of doing a project page on this?  That could be cool.

Even cooler (no pun intended) would be something with a termistor on a
lead that could be stuffed into a hard drive caddy space.  :-)

--Yan

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.