[mythtv-users] On the Road - Remote Frontend

Ivan Kowalenko kichigaimentat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:25:11 UTC 2008

On Oct 15, 2008, at 18.47, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

[snip]

> 2. Transcode what I want to watch to a video podcast and sync to
> iTunes (then sync to iPhone, iPod, or just watch on the laptop). I use
> video2ipod (http://wiki.1.jeffornot.com:8000/index.php/Video2ipod) for
> that and just recently got it working again with my h264 content from
> my HD-PVRs. It took some hacking, but it's all good now.

I was just about to suggest something like that. Though I use the
transcode2ipod (or is it myth2ipod) script included in KnoppMyth. The
scripts are easy enough to modify for use.

Nice thing is that if you port-map your RSS feed through your router,
you can probably access your recordings on the road too!