[mythtv-users] Intel based motherboards with DVI output.

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Wed Oct 15 12:14:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I have a system with a 965 Intel Chipset and an ADD2 Card.
>
> http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc#toc-prolink-add-7315-dvi-t-sdvoadd2-n-pci-express-x16-card-with-composite-s-video-hdtv-and-hdmi-outputs
>
> You require nothing extra driver-wise.

Great news.

> Unfortunately, the driver was still not complete until the previous
> version, at least, where HDMI/DVI was concerned. It had trouble with the
> acquisition of the res and freq from my 1080p TV.
>
> I am using an NVIDIA card in the mean time.

Yeah, I also have an NVIDIA card I can use in the mean time should it
turn out not to be complete. I might keep the NVIDIA for my SD
television. I need the DVI for a 720p projector - reached via DVI ->
HDMI cable.

> I've read good things about the lates Intel driver, so I will try again
> next month when I go through an upgrade of my system to the next ubuntu
> release.
>
>        Hi, here's xf86-video-intel 2.4.0 release.
>
>        Main new features included within this release are
>        - New Intel 4 series chipset support
>        - Improved 965 exa render performance
>        - Integrated HDMI support
>        - SDVO-HDMI support (e.g ASUS P5E-VM board)
>
> In http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-July/037184.html
>
> The driver is now at 2.4.2.

Thanks for the information and it looks encouraging enough to take the
plunge and get an Intel board.

Cheers,

Fred.