[mythtv-users] Quicker scrolling

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:33:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2008, at 6:40 PM, KH Chai wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering how to set the remote control to do fast scrolling thru a
> long list of selection, for example to scroll thru all the available country
> in wwiTV list?  I wish I could just hold down the arrow key and it goes thru
> the listing.  The listing that I wanted is in selection "T" so I have to
> press the arrow each time starting from "A".  I tried setting the repeat
> mode in ~/.lirc/mythtv to some number: 1,2,3,4,5,20,30 but none of these
> work.  I'm using Mythbuntu 8.04 with Hauppauge Nova-T 500 remote control.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Map a key to PageUP and PageDown.
> On some screens, Chan- and Chan+ will scroll through pages. Also, 3 and 9
> work as PageUp and PageDown on some screens. It's not completely consistent,
> though. PageUp and PageDown keys are the way to go.
> -Brad

I bind the channel up and down buttons to page up and down on my
remote since the up and down buttons already do channel up and down.
It doesn't seem to bother my girlfriend and she uses live TV much more
often than I do.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.