[mythtv-users] LIRC in Mythbuntu 8.04.1

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Wed Oct 15 10:32:29 UTC 2008

> receiver working

> >> files from

> >> changed owner and

> >> used. That

> >> /dev/tty/S0 uart

> >> I'm trying that now.  I'm in MCC and I'm trying to add a custom
> >> remote.
> >> What did you use for Driver, Module, Configuration, and
> Device?  And
> >> did you do anything with "Enable an IR Transmitter"?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Harry
> >>

> OK, that worked.  I just added a custom remote (no
> transmitter), then followed your steps, rebooted, and Bingo!
> A working remote.  Is this something that should be added to
> the Wiki?  I can do that if you (and
> others) think its relevant and necessary.
>
> Thanks!
> Harry

Hey good news, nice to see something I cobbled together help someone
else. I'm glad it worked for you.

I raised a ticket with the Mythbuntu devs to get my Nebula remote added
to the remotes listed but I'm not sure if they will just include the
LIRC config files, what happens with the command line stuff.

Steve.