[mythtv-users] Manual "weekly" schedules

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 14 21:06:31 UTC 2008

On 10/14/2008 04:43 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2008, at 11:42 AM, David Engel wrote:

>>> It should be updated every time the scheduler runs. If it's not doing
>>> that, I would say it's a bug. Nothing should require the backend to
>>> be
>>> restarted.
>>>
>> No, it doesn't get updated everytime the scheduler runs.  It gets
>> updated when the scheduler runs

You clipped the part about "because something might have affected that
recording rule"

> Sorry, I'm confused. Is there a typo in here or did someone slip me
> crazy pills?

The scheduler is run very frequently, but is often run for only a
specific recording rule.  Sometimes, it will be run for all rules.  When
mythfilldatabase finishes running, it requests a reschedule for all
rules ("Reschedule requested for id -1") and says to rematch everything
(i.e. check the listings data again because generally mfdb changes the
listings data).

Mike