[mythtv-users] mac-mini frontend for HD

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Oct 14 20:36:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com
> wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Joann Bessler wrote:
>
> ..says someone who clearly has not seen the instructions for adding
> RAM to a mini.
> http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/tutorials/macmini-ram/index.shtml

I've done it. It's far easier than it looks. Get the thinnest putty knife
you can and pop it open. An old credit card helps too, just to hold the
parts open so that you don't snap it back together when you move the putty
knife. I even did it on a newer mini, have to remove more stuff to get to
the RAM. 4GB (can only use 3.2 or somesuch, but good enough) and my mini is
running great. Not running Myth, but I might install the frontend on it.