[mythtv-users] MySQL Database Overflow

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 14 16:15:21 UTC 2008

On 10/14/2008 10:45 AM, Nathan Lanchbury wrote:

> ANSWER (well sort of)
>
> I've been able to import my database records into a new blank one.  One
> table at a time, slowly, gently.  I've not restarted the mythbackend
> since importing, I've clicked check, extended on the mythweb page half a
> dozen times now.  Hopefully no more troubles, except for the case of
> leaving half my database behind but at least I've got my old recordings
> Yay!
>
> I didn't think it was a programs settings thing, as a new database
> worked, still I used your larger my.cnf is case.  Yes I runs a Fedora
> OS.  Thankz for your help.

If you're doing a partial import of your database, your best bet is to
use: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore .
It will also allow partial restore including plugin data.  With the
approach you took, some of your tables may contain garbage and/or
invalid data which may at some point create problems.  I'd recommend
starting with the last full backup and repeating the partial restore
using the scripts discussed in the wiki page.

Mike