[mythtv-users] Newbie guide

bit maelstrom dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:29:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Joe Marcom <jmarcom at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm becoming convinced that there is no reliable source for setting up
> MythTV; however, the book "Practical MythTV" is detailed, and the current
> (November) issue of "Linux Format" magazine has both some good articles
> and a Mythbuntu DVD.

Huh. I didn't find Practical MythTV to be useful at all. Besides being
out-of-date, which is inevitable, when I looked up what a switch did, the
text of the book basically rephrased the text that was there on the switch
without adding any of the context or depth that would make it meaningful.

YMMV, obviously.