[mythtv-users] Newbie guide

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 13 16:39:47 UTC 2008

Jeremy Sullivan wrote:
> Can anyone recommend reading material geared for a MythTV newbie?  Books
> or websites are fine, but I'm leaning towards buying a book.  Amazon
> lists Practicaly MythTV and Hacking MythTV.  Would the former be a
> better starting place?
>

> I'm trying to head off as many newbie postings as I can.  Thanks in advance.

Any printed book is, by its very nature, going to be somewhat behind the
code, but having said that, I have the Wilson/Tittel book and have found
it useful.

The WiKi and the archives of this list are probably the best source of
information.

Looking for documentation before posting is appreciated by all.

beww