[mythtv-users] Myth client for Windows?

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Sun Oct 12 14:32:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Marko Nurmenniemi <
marko.nurmenniemi at kolumbus.fi> wrote:

> Darrin wrote:
> >
>  > I was playing with MythTV Player for Windows today.  While the stable
> > version of the program works nicely, the development releases all gave
> > me an odd error saying that they don't speak protocol version 40.
> > Apparently the newer versions only speak older protocol versions 15 to
> > 36.  Thought it was odd that a newer client would be taking a step
> > backwards like that.
> >

> You do know that the version/protocol check can bedisabled in the config
> file?

Yes - the developers are very good at telling people that.  However, it
doesn't make sense, to me anyway, that I didn't make any changes to either
config file and yet they display the behavior I described.  I checked the
contents of the  config files between the stable and the development
versions and there don't appear to be any entries to force the connection in
either of them.  It's a moot point anyway.  This project doesn't appear to
be maintained at the moment, so it's probably not worth it to even submit it
as a bug report.  One user posted the problem to the project forum many
months ago and has yet to get a response.

Does anyone know of a current project for a windows front end?  I checked
the archives, but everything that was referenced seems to be dead for over 6
months.  I did read about a port of mythfrontend to Windows, but it does
seem strange to me that no one has posted about it since last spring and the
only option is to build it from scratch.  In the windows world, there aren't
a lot of end users that are willing to undertake that kind of effort to get
it working on their systems.