[mythtv-users] Serial-USB control of Directv H20

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:34:21 UTC 2008

I have a Directv H20 receiver, and have been trying to get channel changing
working reliably through the USB connection.  It seems to work just fine for
a day or 2, but then the receiver will stop responding via the usb port:
Initializing Serial Port: /dev/ttyS0
SEND: 0xFA [ú] 0xA5 [¥] 0x0 [] 0x1 [] 0xE8 [è]
RECV: Timeout Error

All other functions on the H20 see to work fine, it's just the USB port that
stops responding
The only solution I have found to reset the H20 via the red button.
Immediately after that, the script will work again for a few days at the
most.

I'm looking for feedback from others as to if anyone else is having similar
issues.  The references I have found indicate that others have this working
without issue:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_view_flat;post=319270;page=1;mh=-1;list=mythtv;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC

Thanks
Dave