[mythtv-users] xbmc killed my sound

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Oct 12 00:05:56 UTC 2008

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy. With all this talk about how great xbmc is,
I decided to give it a try. I installed it and couldn't get much
working (for instance, I had sound in the interface, but no videos
would play back with sound, I couldn't get it to talk to the Myth uPNP
server, etc, etc.) so I go back to my myth frontend and now I don't
have sound *anywhere*. I uninstalled xbmc and still no sound. I
noticed xbmc installed pulseaudio. I uninstalled that. I still have no
sound.

I've been hacking at this for a few hours now and I'm about to
reformat my machine just to get my audio back. Any help is appreciated.