[mythtv-users] Looking for confirmation on HW configuration

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Fri Oct 10 23:18:34 UTC 2008

Hello all,
Well my first attempt to setup myth is almost ready.  Anyway I'm looking for
confirmation on my selection of hardware (not a hw person).  So here is the
list.

Backend
Dell Inspiron 530

Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual-core processor E2200 (1MB L2, 2.2GHz, 800FSB
250 GB Hard Drive
2GB Ram
Hauppaugh WinTV HVR 1250
pcHDTV 5500

Frontend System

Anyone see any problems with this. I'm expecting to do digital recording (no
analog anymore) of unencrypted channels.  Backend server with a frontend
diskless (network boot).

Any feedback or things I missed will be appriciated.

Thanks
steve