[mythtv-users] Looking for recommendations for PCI-E 1x video cards

Arthur Green arthur at phraction.org
Fri Oct 10 21:31:30 UTC 2008

Hi -

I'm looking for recommendations for a PCI Express 1x video card for use
in a FE/BE system. The unit's onboard video (ATI X1200) doesn't cut the
mustard - live TV and playback look like a slide show using the radeonhd
driver, and fglrx fails to work in a number of interesting ways
(corrupted MythTV screens in full-screen, "stacked" images when
displaying TV). The only available expansion slot is a PCI Express 1x.
Given the issues I've had with ATI, I'm inclined to use nVidia this time
around.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 1x video card that will handle
playback without choking?

Thanks and regards
Arthur Green