[mythtv-users] How to stop commercial flagging being the default on new recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 10 15:18:22 UTC 2008

On 10/10/2008 11:10 AM, Carl Fongheiser wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Good call.  I guess it is in -fixes.  The fix only went into trunk, it
>> seems.  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5195 .
>>
>> So, use mythtv-setup.
> As I already pointed out, this isn't necessary, as there's a global setting
> that can be used, and it's accessible from mythfrontend.

Sure, it's not necessary.  He can continue to allow commercial flagging
to occur...

>   The OP wanted to
> disable automatic commercial flagging completely.

And if the OP does as you suggested, he won't.

Run commercial flagger
This is the default value used for the Auto-Commercial Flagging setting
when a new scheduled recording is created.

He'll only disable commercial flagging for new recording rules.  Or,
he'll have to delete and re-create all his recording rules.  Or he'll
have to go into each recording rule he's already created and change the
commercial flagging setting.

IMHO, setting the channel as commfree now (while he feels commercial
flagging doesn't work well enough for him) but leaving the rules to
allow commflagging if he ever turns it back on for his channels is a
better approach.

Mike