[mythtv-users] Debian "etch" (stable) -> Qt4.3

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 09:43:29 UTC 2008

Hello, I was having problems with my old hard drive so I bought a new one
and I'm reinstalling Debian on it.  I downloaded and installed Etch (Stable)
4.0r4.  I am trying to comple mythtv and it's complaining about my Qt
version, saying that I need to have 4.3 or newer.  In aptitude it says that
my Qt version is 4.2 and there are no newer versions available.  What is the
best way to go about getting a newer version?  Should I change from "stable"
to "testing"?  If so, how do I change my installation to a "testing" version
from a "stable" version?

Thanks,
-Greg