[mythtv-users] How to tell which back end is supplying programming...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Fri Oct 10 04:27:30 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 03:25:41PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> On Oct 6, 2008, at 3:02 PM, stuart wrote:
>>
>>> How to tell which back end is supplying programming...
 >>
>> Your log files will indicate which tuner did the recording.

If by the log file you mean the backend's, yes I know you can track down
which back end recorded what.  I was hoping there was a quick way when
interacting w/the frontend.

That is, while you are seeing the stuttering.  And as you are testing
different resolutions and programs.

My system (two back ends) only stutter occasionally and trying to finger
out what is causing it, switching between half a dozen recordings and
managing to note which of the half dozen recordings stuttered for a
later post mortem is very difficult.

>      If they are using different listings sources, you can
> tweak the channel numbers and that will give you a nice
> visual cue. I have done this for my HD-PVR.

No, they are both using the same listings.  However, the MBE does have
both an NTSC and ATSC tuner.  The SBE only has an ATSC tuner.  And I'm
not sure this is really what I want (i.e. who recorded the show).  What
I want to know is who is serving up the show.

It would seam almost effortless for the front end to say where it was
getting the show from.  After all, it has to know or my mythtv network
wouldn't work.

...thanks for helping.