[mythtv-users] MacOSX Universal Binaries on TheSniderPad.com

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 02:58:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:31 PM, David Snider <dsnider at thesniderpad.com>wrote:

> Crap...  I did indeed upgrade to 10.5.  I didn't have an Intel version
> of 10.4, so couldn't back rev my Intel mac to 10.4.  The only path I had
> was to upgrade the Tiger machine (PPC) to Leopard.
>
> Does anyone know if the apple license for OSX includes old revs.  I.E.
> could I Legally install 10.4 on my Mac Mini if I have a 10.5 license?
> If so, would I be able to ask Apple for a 10.4 DVD or does anyone else
> have any thoughts?

It's quite possible to build 10.4-compatible binaries on 10.5.  It's just a
matter of passing  the
-mmacosx-version-min=10.4 switch to gcc/g++.  Alternatively, you can set
the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable to 10.4.  You will need to
have the 10.4 SDK installed for this to work.

Carl Fongheiser