[mythtv-users] Does Hauppaugh HVR 2250 work with Myth

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Thu Oct 9 21:42:33 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,
I am starting the process of building a PVR with MythTV.  Anyway trying to
find a digital card with MPEG Encoding has been my sticking point.  Anyway I
recently found the Hauppaugh HVR 2250 (
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr2250.html) and am very
interested in it.  However it isn't listed on the known hardware list for
Myth.

So my question is anyone using this card successfully with Myth?

I also found this
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/343983
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/343983>which
is quoted below

Re: Need a Dual turner Capture card for myCable, WinTV-PVR 500 is
discontinued* CONFIRMED * so what do you recommend ?

well I started the thread so I will close it, I finally ended up buying the
hauppauge 2250, linux drivers are on their way ( it is even stated on
hauppauge webpage ), basically this will be the replacement for the PVR 500,
since they are getting a lot of heat from FCC to not sell any cards that
can't decode digital, as I said on a post before, I think this card will
serve 2 purposes, first the intended one and second I could help do a lot of
beta testing ( or even dust my old C knowledge and work a bit on the driver
)

Thank you all for your responses.
Roberto.

Any feedback would be appreciated.