[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Oct 9 13:01:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 01:41:05PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Wed, October 8, 2008 8:29 am, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> > skd5aner's two messages pointing out in considerable detail how
> > the open source/MythTV emperor's clothes are threadbare, at best, are
> > completely and absoutely ignored. I think that's because the thread's
> > participants are too embarrassed to try to answer them, and it's much
> > more fun to continue to mock Microsoft Office.
>
> I think it's because this is a hobby for them, and those aren't the
> projects they choose to work on right now.
>
> Are you familiar with the story of the little red hen?  When I read
> threads like this, I see a lot of people who want to help eat the bread,
> but not a lot of people who want to help bake it.

    Yes, because in "real" projects all you have is coders. You don't
have anyone like designers or artists.

    It's very shortsighted to try and suppress the expression of new
ideas. Just because someone isn't quite up to diving into subversion,
it doesn't mean that their ideas can't be useful to someone that is.