[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 8 17:37:27 UTC 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 10:17 AM, Magnus wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> I agree. It works better when you state your desires over and over
>> again every couple of months until a developer stops working on what
>> he feels is important and works on what you want.
>

> Bitter sarcasm and general enmity from the developers to the rest of
> the
> userbase is another major limiting factor that holds back many FOSS
> projects from achieving true greatness.

Really? I haven't seen a single developer comment on this thread. I've
*never* seen a developer use bitter sarcasm or enmity in *any* thread.

> And as you'll notice, I'm only engaging in this discussion for the
> first
> time.  If you've heard it every couple of months, it's been from other
> people with the same concerns/ideas/thoughts/opinions.

That's why I provided you with a link so you could read up on what was
discussed before and come to the same conclusions instead of repeating
the same discussion over and over again.

> Of course, it's your prerogative to engage in the Theo de Raadt school
> of thought when dealing with your user community.  I'd have hoped to
> see
> a bit more of the Mark Shuttleworth mindset, though (i.e.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct)
>
> Seriously, the piss & vinegar act is played out.

I am courteous when discussing the same feature requests over and over
again at my day job where I am paid to listen and be polite.