[mythtv-users] Watch list problem

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Wed Oct 8 15:37:18 UTC 2008

> And that is fine as long as you think all your recordings is equally
> important. But to me, if i have 2-3 episodes of a show that i like a little
> bit more than the other and i finally have some time to watch TV, i really
> liked the feature to only use the Watch List and have the next episode show
> up after i watched one until i didn't have any new episodes left of that
> show. And now i have that behaviour and the Watch List is useful for me
> again.
>
> /Stefan

I totally agree. Filtering previously watched episodes makes since because
that is what the watch list is for. Filtering out all but the next episode
in a series makes perfect sense for most users, because most people will
want to watch a series in order and thus only need one episode in that
series shown. However, waiting a day before adding another episode when one
is watched/deleted is an arbitrary limitation. It makes the watch list
unusable for many, and having it enabled only reduces the length of list by
one. Seems like an unwise trade off for the average user.