[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:19:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>     I am less bothered that different types of media are handled with
> different plugins. What seems problematic to me is that different types
> of copies of the same exact content is handled differently and there isn't
> any communication between the 2 handlers. It would be very handy for the
> scheduler to know that it can record the last 3 seasons of TNG or the last
> 5 seasons of SG1 without wasting space, duplicating effort and needlessly
> tying up a tuner recording the others.

Hard problem to solve.  There is no reason you can't import your TNG/SG1
episodes into Watch Recordings (plenty of scripts exist to do this) but you
also have to match the title/subtitle fairly exactly for Myth to be able to
know definitively that these are the same episodes.  You could guess at the
episode numbers with some accuracy using past recordings as an example but
again, it's a very manual process that would be hard to manage from the
10ft. interface.

Kevin