[mythtv-users] This old TiVo

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Wed Oct 8 13:19:42 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 03:42:51PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:

>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/349107
>> Which is to say, No.
>>
>> There are, however, things like http://galleon.sourceforge.net/
>> that you could run on your MythBox to send content to your TiVo.
>
>      This looks interesting. Although sadly I suspect that the
> only thing that my old Tivos would be able to play off of my
> myth backend is my mp3s.
>
>      No divx or h264...
>
> [deletia]

Two questions:

1) For JEDI: What if you transcoded the mythtv shows to SD on the MBE
machine?  If galleon will not do it, what about VLC?

2) Is there an equivalent for ReplayTV boxes?  DVArchive, AFAIK, does
not work w/ the mythtv data base and, I suspect, at best will serve up
mythtv shows with their encrypted names.  And, I am sure, commercial
flagging will not work - completely different paradigm from what I recall.