[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

mythtv at corwyn.net mythtv at corwyn.net
Wed Oct 8 00:15:19 UTC 2008

Backend: Low end Athlon machine running CentOS 5.1, with a Hauppauge
PVR-350, and a 4-way linux video capture card, system running myth
and zoneminder. two 500 GB drives, set in a closet somewhere

4 exterior cameras for security monitoring hooked to the video capture card.

Both TVs have a local mediaMVP box as the FE w/ remote. Wired back to
the 100 mb switched network (not using the wireless). Web access from
all the PCs through the web interface to set scheduled recordings.

Only rarely do we get conflicts even with only one capture card, and
if so we just pick them up on reruns.

Sooner or later I'll get streaming working from zoneminder to the
mediamvps, but attempts so far have been failures :-(

Rick