[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Oct 7 13:43:34 UTC 2008

Bobby Gill wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, what kind of setups do our list regulars (or
> anyone!) have? ie., How many backends, frontends, which tuner card(s),
> remote(s), and how is the whole shebang connected and placed
> throughout the house/wherever? What kind of TV (HD, analog, etc.)? Do
> you use Myth for videos/pics/etc.? I'm trying to get ideas for myself
> as we move into a new house in a few months, I'd really appreciate
> feedback.
>
> Myself, currently Myth server box in basement and desktop PC in room
> on upper level as frontend, cable TV, pvr150 w/usb IR remote-- pretty
> simple ;)

BE/FE:

Athlon 4600+, dual 15K SCSI drives for the OS, 1.5 TB SATA RAID-6 for
the main storage
Old PIII HP Netserver, 4 IDE drives, 750 GB RAID-5 storage for NAS <-
about to be dumped
2 dual-output nVidia Quadro cards connected to 2 LCD monitors in the
study and a 37" Sharp LCD in the living room.  Can play HD on 2 heads if
not much else is going on.

FE:

1.6 GHz Core2 Duo, SCSI drive, 1 dual output nVIdia Quadro card and 2
PCI Quadro cards connected to 3 LCD monitors.  Can play HD on 1 head at
a time. (2 heads are used mostly for browsing, etc)