[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Drew Gilbert gilbert.drew at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:35:14 UTC 2008

Bobby Gill wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, what kind of setups do our list regulars (or
> anyone!) have? ie., How many backends, frontends, which tuner card(s),
> remote(s), and how is the whole shebang connected and placed
> throughout the house/wherever? What kind of TV (HD, analog, etc.)? Do
> you use Myth for videos/pics/etc.? I'm trying to get ideas for myself
> as we move into a new house in a few months, I'd really appreciate
> feedback.
>
> Myself, currently Myth server box in basement and desktop PC in room
> on upper level as frontend, cable TV, pvr150 w/usb IR remote-- pretty
> simple ;)
>
> Bob

Quite tame compared to some other setups here, but

I have a single dedicated BE/FE in the living room running Arch Linux
connected to a Sagem 720p DLP via DVI->HDMI  and SPDIF coax to a
logitech THX certified 5.1 digital surround system.

Antec fusion case
ASUS m2npv-vm m/b
Athlon X2 3800+ (considering an upgrade to the 6000+), stock heatsink
and fan
2GB RAM
750GB Storage (500+250)
Technisat SkyStar2 DVB-S
KWorld/VStream XPert DVB-T
MCE remote
Wireless keyboard with bulitin mouse
Psx style gamepad.

Surprisingly it boots faster and is quieter than my TV!

Drew