[mythtv-users] LIRC in Mythbuntu 8.04.1

steve.goodey at bt.com steve.goodey at bt.com
Tue Oct 7 07:57:48 UTC 2008

I had a bit of a struggle getting a COM1 connected receiver working with
a Nebula remote on Mythbuntu 8.04.

I would think you'll need to get the lircd.conf and lircrc files from
your previous Fedora installation.

The following is the steps I took to get my setup working.

On a clean install went into MCC and added custom remote.

Then moved Nebula version lircd.conf into /etc/lirc/ changed owner and
group to root.

Moved Nebula version lircrc to /home/steve/.lirc/ and renamed to mythtv

Added modprobe lirc_serial to /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh

sudo dpkg-reconfigure setserial chose manual on closing that got
message:-
The update-modules command is deprecated and should not be used. That
went straight over my head!

Modified /var/lib/setserial/autoserial.conf and added /dev/tty/S0 uart
none

then did cp /var/lib/setserial/autoserial.conf /etc/serial.conf

On rebooting box remote worked.

Obviously you'll need to replace Nebula with Fedora in the above.

Most of the above I don't understand so beware.

Regards, Steve.