[mythtv-users] NAS power supply

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:07:20 UTC 2008

On Oct 5, 2008, at 7:31 AM, Steve Heistand wrote:
> http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/196/1
>
> (from a google-fu of: http://www.google.com/search?q=power+supply+no+motherboard
>  )

When I was working in in hardware testing lab @ intel, this is very
similar to what we would have to do for the mobile systems. We had
standard IDE HDD and DVD roms hooked up to a power supply with an on/
off switch on the back, and just soldered the green and black wires
together. Turned the drives on and off with the switch. The
motherboards were powered by a 12v brick and DC-DC converter. I've
also done this to power non-computer related 12v stuff with a spare
power supply I had floating around from the pre P4 days.

~Jon