[mythtv-users] Playback of DVDs, configuring internal player for 5.1 sound

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Mon Oct 6 23:20:08 UTC 2008

I just popped in a DVD and tried using the Internal player in MythVideo
(Setup> Video Settins > Player Settings > DVD Player Command: "internal"),
and it plays the DVD just fine, but when I tried to change audio to 5.1 (M >
Audio Track during playback), it highlighted 5.1 but still played back as
stereo.

I have a configured /etc/asound.conf for my M-Audio 7.1 card that uses dmix6
as the output for 5.1 sound. Mplayer works great (used proper output in the
command line), but only thing is it has no dvd menus and when I built an
mplayer with dvdnav support the playback was jittery and it would crash.

Is there a way to configure it specifically? Some config file on the system
that has Internal player settings??

Thanks for any help,
Bob