[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Mon Oct 6 20:01:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 03:51:22PM -0400, Bobby Gill wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, what kind of setups do our list regulars (or
> anyone!) have? ie., How many backends, frontends, which tuner card(s),
> remote(s), and how is the whole shebang connected and placed throughout the
> house/wherever? What kind of TV (HD, analog, etc.)? Do you use Myth for
> videos/pics/etc.? I'm trying to get ideas for myself as we move into a new
> house in a few months, I'd really appreciate feedback.

One FE/BE combo in the den, with a VGA connection to an LCD TV.
HDHR and FW STB sources. A generic home-theater remote (used all
the time) and a cheap IR keyboard (used to handle odd situations
now and then).

Dedicated FE in the living room, rarely used.

Occasional use of one of the machine room computers as a FE.

We no longer watch live TV or TV through the set-top box.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.