[mythtv-users] MythTV - Satelite Signal and HD

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:11:59 UTC 2008

And there is an awful lot of noise on the driver side, totally agree with
you there, hopefully we can fully use the HVR-4000 once the dust settles.
Sometimes I really wish I had kept up my programming skills that stopped
with Z80 / 6502 machine code...

I have an Athlon x2 6400 and and when viewing the BBC HD stream I'm looking
at about 65% total CPU usage when running latest trunk, previous builds had
the CPU pegged at 100% with frame drops so I had to record shows and watch
them later with mplayer.

If anyone is interested in my (over the top I grant you) MythTV setup then
here are the specs: Athlon 64 x2 6400 (Black edition), Asus M2NPV-VM mobo,
3gig RAM, 2 x Samsung 1TB drives, Asus 8500 GT Silent, Nebula DVB-T card,
HVR-4000 card all wrapped up in an Antec Fusion case. OS is PCLinuxOS, I
started with Debian but that was way too much pain, then Fedora 7 and 8 but
could not get everything working together reliably, same with Ubuntu so
finaly ended up with PCLinuxOS with no pain and everything working rock
solid.