[mythtv-users] MacOSX Universal Binaries on TheSniderPad.com

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Oct 6 00:57:56 UTC 2008

At 10:37 AM -0600 10/5/08, David Snider wrote:
>Craig Treleaven wrote:
>> At 8:36 PM -0600 10/4/08, David Snider wrote:
>>
>>>    I wanted to let everyone know that I now have nightly SVN Mac OSX
>>> "Universal" builds of MythTV frontend and backend on
>>> http://www.thesniderpad.com.   Also, I'll continue doing weekly -Fixes
>>> builds (also Universal).   Thank you to everyone who contributed to the
>>> "Universal Fund".   I've tested the -fixes branch on my ppc and intel
>>> mac with no issues.   As usual, since these are non-stable builds, they
>>> may or may not work depending on the state of the code.   Any feedback
>>> is always welcome!
>>>

>> Glad to hear that you've snagged an Intel Mac.
>>
>> Just curious; what is the state of Mac-compilation now?  Are you using osx-packager.pl for the build?  Does it work without hacking?  (I've compiled my own the last few times because I want to enable LIRC and disable Apple Remote support.)
>>
>> Oh, and would either of your machines be connected via SPDIF?  I just noticed Ticket 5313 backports some audio-related stuff to .21-fixes.  I wonder if it might fix the digital audio problem in 5552.
>>
>> A big hearty thank-you for your support of us Mac-using Myth users!
>>

>Hi Craig, in my review, it appears that the -fixes branch is auto
>detecting LIRC (at least configure says so).   I wanted to test LIRC
>with the builds, but needed to at least get them posted.  the -trunk
>osx-packager.pl for some reason isn't detecting LIRC at configure time,
>so I am planning on looking into that.   Neither is configured for
>SPDIF, I'll have to see if my TV that the Intel Mac is plugged into has
>an SPDIF input, then maybe I can try it.
>
>Do you have to disable the Apple Remote Support?   Or can I leave both
>LIRC and Apple Remote enabled?

Hi Dave:

Don't do a special build for me--it may be weeks (months?) before I get enough free time to get into this.  I do want to disable Apple Remote support in Myth as I'm using Apple's DVD player.  I've got a patch around here somewhere that osx-packager.pl uses to disable Apple Remote.

Anyway, it is good to hear that it isn't too crazy-making to build on the Mac.

Craig