[mythtv-users] Need help with two problems: tricky recording rule and deleting stored custom recording rule

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 23:49:12 UTC 2008

On 04/10/2008, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >> A custom rule can use duplicate detection, as is the case with all
>  >> other 'normal' rules. The 'customised' match criteria of the rule
>  >> determine which programmes _can_ be recorded by the rule; the
>  >> duplicate detection determines which programmes will be scheduled
>  >> based on MythTV's knowledge of previously recorded episode of the
>  >> matched programme title.
>  >>
>  >> Nick
>  >>
>  >
>  > Aha!  (Light bulb going on ;-)
>  >
>  > So the duplicate matching is in the dialog afterwards, not part of the
>  > custom rule itself.  And the recording group is the same way.  Guess I
>  > should have gone further into the process.  Thanks!
>  >
>  > Craig.
>  >

> Hmmm.  Still having a problem.  It seems I can't find a way to specify
>  the title to match in my new custom rule and get any matches for it.
>  I can get matches for the title, but not the rule, and I'm wondering
>  if I'm colliding with the "regular" rule that I modified to only
>  record new shows.

If you go into the Mange Recordings->Set Priorities screen and select
the custom rule you are having issues with, you can quickly see if the
rule has made any matches by looking at the '(Recording x of y)"
information for the rule. If y > 0, the rule has at least matched some
titles, and if x > 0, the rule has resulted in scheduled recordings.

You can also see the individual matches for the custom rule (rather
than title) by ediing the rule, and choosing Schedule
Information->Upcoming episodes for this rule from the main rule
editing screen. This shows the Rule Search dialog with matches for the
rule listed, and with episodes set to record shown in green (or
whatever colouring your theme uses).

What is the priority of the custom rule compared to the existing 'regular' rule?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/