[mythtv-users] The best, coolest cases ... please weigh in ...

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Oct 3 21:47:29 UTC 2008

Jim Stichnoth wrote:

> Along those lines, I wonder if anyone knows of an IR blaster or receiver
> that can be attractively mounted in my case's otherwise-unused floppy drive
> bay.

Check out the USB Iguana IR from iguanaworks.net

A thumb-drive sized infra-red receiver/transmitter which works with
LIRC. If you have USB ports on the front of the case, you may not need
to use the floppy drive space. $40 and worth it.

Note that this little unit can easily live on the end of a USB cable to
control a hidden backend or frontend box.

Otherwise, if you need a receiver, I recall that the Imon line has a
floppy-drive-sized receiver drop-in. You'll have to hunt that down
'cause I cannot remember the manufacturer's name..

Geoff