[mythtv-users] Xbox front-end advice please

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:31:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Johnny Russ <jruss at mit.edu> wrote:

> Even with Xebian the xbox is barely able to handle SD stuff. I prefer using
> XBMC.

Personally, I've never tried XBMC with MythTV to compare, but my XBox
running Xebian is easily able to handle SD content without any issues,
except time-stretching.

If you're only playing back SD content, the XBox/Xebian approach is
well worth considering.  Although navigating the menus can sometimes
be a little sluggish - which I suspect is due to the 64 MB RAM on the
XBox.