[mythtv-users] Need help with two problems: tricky recording rule and deleting stored custom recording rule

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:53:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, and most importantly, I need help figuring out how to do
> something out of the ordinary with my recording scheduling.  I have a
> TV series that I have been watching, but it has been on for many years
> and my MythTV system hasn't ;-(.
>
> So...  I have a recording rule that excludes reruns which works great.
>  I can change it to record any shows that haven't been recorded
> previously and it will pick up all the additional episodes available
> in syndication.
>
> But...  I would like to put the re-runs in a separate recording group
> and only record those that have not previously been recorded.  I can't
> see how to do this even with a custom recording rule because I can't
> figure out how to exclude the previously recorded shows from the
> re-run collection nor can I figure out how to put the selected ones in
> a particular (separate, unique) recording group.
>
> Any hints?

You probably need to make two custom record rules.  One that matches reruns
and one that does "not rerun".  You'll have to look at some of the examples
or maybe the schema to see what field holds the rerun distinction but once
you do that it should work fine.  Then just set each record rule to a
different recording group.

Kevin