[mythtv-users] mythbackend -> iPod Touch

Alan alan at ufies.org
Wed Oct 1 21:12:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:19:34PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> My wife is asking whether she can watch Myth recordings from her new
> iPod Touch. As it runs Safari, among other things, I'm wondering if
> there is a way to talk to the backend through a browser for the
> purposes of choosing and watching an existing recording? I don't care
> at all about programming Myth from this interface at this time. Maybe
> later.
>
> The backend is on Gentoo if it matters.

Maybe I'm missing the point or maybe the other replies had this (I
didn't see it) but isn't there a 'trancode to ipod' in the mythtv that
you can then just point itunes to your mythtv IP and then it'll show up
in itunes as a video podcast, updated when mythtv records.

I belive the URL is http://[mythtv ip]/ipodfeed/feed.php

Course, this may need an extra module installed to have it all
available.  Works great though.

Alan

--
Alan <alan at ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net