[mythtv-users] AppleTV + Mythbuntu

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Wed Oct 1 12:37:33 UTC 2008

H Z wrote:
> I wonder if some kind soul here can help me. I've installed a
> co-exist mythbuntu on my atv and am very close now to having it work
> for not only SD content but also OTA HD mpeg2 content. The only thing
> is that when showing 1080 OTA HD it has the slightest of stutters
> every 2 seconds or so for a fraction of a second. Here's what my
> cpu/memory usage looks like displaying SD :

Make sure you add the following line to your "Device" section:

Option "RegistryDwords" "RMDisableRenderToSysmem=1"

That will change the amount of system memory given to the video card from
128 MB to 64 MB.  When the ATV only has 256 MB of RAM to start with, freeing
up 64 MB from the video card has given me a stark improvement.

I don't run HD though, only SD.

Brian