[mythtv-users] Looking for motherboard.

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 08:58:48 UTC 2008

Jenks, Mark wrote:
> I picked up a M3N78 Pro motherboard and have been trying to get it
> working for weeks now.   Seems to be way too new for it to work
> properly in linux.
>
> I am using Fedora 9, and the rawhide kernel and Nvidia beta drivers
> (177). This is going to be a backend/frontend setup, and add a few
> other frontends in the future.
>
> Everything is working, except for the USB IR that I got with the
> HVR-1800 locks up after about 20 mins, and I have to reboot it to get
> it to work.
>
> I tried to load Ubuntu 8.04 on it, but then I have to force the Nvidia
> beta driver into it, and I never attempted it.
>
> So, here is the question.  Anyone have this board running, and can
> lead me in the right direction?  Even changing distro?

Hi

I am using this board with f9,  is there any reason you have chosen to
use rawhide and nvidia beta drivers? I didn't need either

Also there have been a couple of bios upgrades since release, one of
them fixed a crackly audio issue I was having, yet nothing was mentioned
in the release notes. My point being they seem to fix a lot more than
they list.

cheers

Dunc

There