[mythtv-users] Thumbnails not generated for mythweb

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:00:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>   Since I was changing
>> machines, I had changed the hostname of my master backend,
>
> without following instructions at
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.15 or--better--...

Wow, totally did not know about that particular section of the manual.
 Looked extensively though the wiki though.  It probably speaks to
some kind of user issue with the MythTV documentation though; it's
definitely confusing to have both a user manual and a wiki; and not
being able to easily search both from a single search box... although
I never knew that:

 (1) changing hostnames was the cause of my problem, and
(2) changing hostnames had to be handled delicately, and finally,
(3) that a section existed in the manual covering the changing of hostnames.

Anyway, with the information you've provided, I will go ahead and fix
my database.