[mythtv-users] 1080i HD and macmini: Choppy playback

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:56:08 UTC 2008

Hi all, I was able to finally solve my HD playback issue on the macmini.

Two things that I did:
1.  Made sure the binary that I ran was for the correct CPU which in
my case was intel.  Check to make sure by running the activity monitor
and making sure that the process' "kind" field is correct, again in my
case it was intel and not powerpc.
2.  Toggle playback->scaling on, then reset it to zero as discussed
here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/351524#351524
It was the 2nd item that really made the difference.

Now the playback of HD is beautiful and very smooth.