[mythtv-users] Looking for motherboard.

Jenks, Mark Mark.Jenks at nsighttel.com
Wed Oct 1 00:57:43 UTC 2008

I picked up a M3N78 Pro motherboard and have been trying to get it
working for weeks now.   Seems to be way too new for it to work properly
in linux.

I am using Fedora 9, and the rawhide kernel and Nvidia beta drivers
(177). This is going to be a backend/frontend setup, and add a few other
frontends in the future.

Everything is working, except for the USB IR that I got with the
HVR-1800 locks up after about 20 mins, and I have to reboot it to get it
to work.

I tried to load Ubuntu 8.04 on it, but then I have to force the Nvidia
beta driver into it, and I never attempted it.

So, here is the question.  Anyone have this board running, and can lead
me in the right direction?  Even changing distro?

Otherwise, which HDMI AM2+ motherboard can I get (full size, not mini or
micro) that can support my 2 hvr-1800's (pci express 1x), and by
snd_oxygen (pci) boards?

I'm in a pickle, and need to try and solve this soon.  Money is no
object right now (Even though I would like to keep the ram and the
AM2+), but even that isn't important right now.

-Mark