[mythtv-users] Multirec and incorrect conflicts

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 09:59:38 UTC 2008

I have 2 DVB-T tuner cards each of which has the "Max Recordings"
settings to 2. So I should be able to record 4 programs at once.
However, I find that I can only actually schedule 2 simultaneous
recordings and any above that show up as conflicting - see screenshot
at http://www.oaklands.aust.com/temp/conflicting_recordings.png

Does anyone know why MythTV isn't picking up on the fact that it
should be able to schedule 4 simultaneous recordings? Is it something
to do with the /dev files? The directories look like this and I notice
that each card only has 1 demux entry - could this be the cause?

/dev/dvb/adapter0:
total 0
crw------- 1 mythtv root 212, 4 Nov 24 15:31 demux0
crw------- 1 mythtv root 212, 5 Nov 24 15:31 dvr0