[mythtv-users] OT: Mount problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 30 04:32:18 UTC 2008

On 11/29/2008 07:18 PM, MailingListJ wrote:
> I can run
> the mount-all file and then i get the mount.nfs error, however that same
> file runs on my wired backends, I put a delay (the network stuff wasn't
> initialized so thats why the wired ones were failing) but I still can't
> mount anything on my wireless clients however if I take the command out
> of the file it will now run correctly.  Any ideas?  I don't want to use
> the mount file because its too tied to the file structure? but it does
> work on my other wired fronetnds now just not wireless.....
>
> ok, so turns out that its something wrong with the DNS because I mounted
> ip and it worked but when i ping the host name it gives me [ 24.28.193.9
> ] (what is that?) on both frontends which are wireless which the script
> would not work on....  I guess I'll just switch it to IP? thats strange
> though that is teams to just be wireless?

I remember people hearing people talk about some GUI network manager
thing in the new Ubuntu that sets up wireless--and, since it's a GUI
thing, doesn't do so until X starts (which is too late for services).
Perhaps that's the issue.

Also, how to properly redirect output to a file (as you forgot to put
the errors in the file):

command > /path/to/file 2>&1

Mike